Monday, November 3, 2008

The elk came to visit





A week ago I looked out the window and saw the elk migrating to our neighbors pasture. I hadn't seen them in quite a while and figured that a glance was all I was going to see, then about an hour latter I looked up and they were standing in our yard eating grass and various vegetation. I got my camera out and did the army crawl to the window and captured this big guy. I think he is the biggest elk I've seen yet he had quite a harem. There were a few teenage bulls also and a baby.They hung out for about 40 min. until someone drove up our driveway and our viscous dog decided to play watch dog and chased them off proving how useful he is ha ha.

6 comments:

Sutherlands said...

I am curious. This sounds like an interesting post. :)

Megan and Greg said...

Hey Mom, good to see another post on here-- and with pictures too! I really like the picture of the two elk together- it is so clear and the Bull looks so massive! It is always cool to see the elk. It has been quite awhile since I have seen them. Anyway, take care!

love,
Greg

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, that thing is HUGE!!! Glad to see you've graduated to posting pictures! You are hilarious on your blog! _Megan

Molly said...

oh did they eat your yard? You should have mentioned that they had torn up your entire yard and garden in the past. haha. great post.

zachariah said...

That's a really good size bull elk, good shots!

Dan said...

That thing came in pretty close.
Or you must have zooooooom him in.LOL
Nice pictures of the big bull.
Dan